10 Daily Habits That Will Make You a Millionaire

Daniel Ally
, entrepreneur.com, Self-Made Millionaire & Business Expert

You have to pay the cost if you want to be the boss.
The cost is discipline. No leader can achieve success without a certain level of discipline. A disciplined person is willing and able to give up short-term pleasure to achieve long-term gains. Of course, becoming disciplined requires you to have daily habits. Only disciplined people with habits can turn their lives around.
Habits can change the direction
of our lives. While some people have pitiful habits, like gossiping; others have powerful ones, like praising others. No matter who you are or where you came from, your habits can make or break you. What are your habits? Where are they leading you?
People ask me all the time, “What are your daily habits? What time do you wake up? What do you do when you get up in the morning?” These questions make me chuckle because I used to ask the same questions when I started my journey to success. The only difference between you and I is that you’re actually getting the answers right now.
Here are 10 habits that will make you a millionaire:

1. Studying.

First and foremost, you should never go a day without learning. Learning can happen in all forms. Personally, I study every day for a minimum of three hours. This includes the following habits: Reading the dictionary, reading books, watching videos, reviewing and replying to comments, talking to my coach, etc.
Out of all of this, reading is most important. Every day, without fail, I get to my books and soak in as many ideas I can. I also put my phone in another room as I drink in the knowledge and wisdom of these books. All the books in the world have all the answers in the world. I can afford to miss a meal, but I can’t afford to miss a book!
The greatest university of all is a collection of books. –Thomas Carlyle

2. Setting goals.

Every day, you should make it your duty to set your goals. With my composition book, I write down everything that I want to accomplish for the month, year, and decade. This process fascinates me and gets me to think bigger and step over the small problems in life. To date, I have over 100 of these composition books in my garage.
Let’s say you have a goal to live a lavish lifestyle within the next 10 years. If you want to achieve this goal, you list some ideas which correspond with it. For instance, you list the following ideas for the year: A private jet, 10-bedroom mansion, personal chef, Rolls Royce, etc. When you come up with these ideas, you’ll get really excited about where your life is heading.
If you can view it, you can do it!

3. Planning.

You can set endless goals, but you need plans to achieve them. First, you’ll need to break down those 10 year goals into years, months, weeks, and days. Once you break them down into smaller parts, you’ll have to come up with some actionable steps to achieve those results and find a way to hold yourself accountable.
One of my clients had big goals to be a professional speaker. However, he didn’t know how to plan. I told him that he’ll have to set the stage high (no pun intended) and make plans to achieve his goals. I told him that if he gave 120 speeches in a year, he would reach his goals. I helped him break it down to 10 per month, which is 1 speech for every third day. After we planned, he admitted that his goals felt more achievable!
Plan your work, work your plans.

4. Networking.

In the new millennium, we have so many new ways to get and stay connected. To network effectively, you’ll have to be a producer, not a consumer. This means you have to network aggressively, not passively. Don’t wait for emails or phone calls to come to you. Instead, make an effort to reach out to others. Realize that networking is a daily habit.
I use a special system called the ‘Rule of 10.’ This rule allows me to send 10 text messages, 10 phone calls, and 10 emails per day. On top of this, I’m constantly making videos, giving speeches, and writing articles, which allows me to reach the masses. I’m also posting several times per day on all of my social media accounts. This is networking at its finest.
The people you are looking for are also looking for you.

5. Journaling.

Everyone needs time to think. In order to think effectively, you should keep a journal. It allows you to reflect upon the day and ask serious questions. In addition, you’ll be able to keep track of stories, ideas, jokes, lessons, quotes, successes, failures, and more. You can keep track of who you met and where you went.
Every day, I write a minimum of four pages in my journal. Up to date, I have cherished two dozen journals. It gives me time to reflect on my greatest accomplishes, challenges, and opportunities. Sometimes, I’ll journal incessantly for over an hour. When I look back in my journals, I’m often astounded from my journey. Furthermore, it’s good to leave some notes behind for future generations.
It's not the number of hours you put in, but what you put in the hours. -Abraham Lincoln

6. Exercising.

To be successful in life, your body must perform at the highest level. Your mind is constantly asking your body to do the unexpected and you must be prepared. The best way to prepare your body is by exercising, even when it’s inconvenient. Once your body is prepared for opportunities, you’ll be able to navigate through the oceans of success.
Imagine the feeling of perspiration dripping after a great workout. It’s a good feeling, right? If this is the case, why debate with yourself about whether you should workout or not? Why not make it a habit to work out 3-5 times per week for an hour or less per day? Not only will you gain unprecedented endurance, but get all of your work done before the end of the day.

7. Relaxing.

Only powerful people know how to rest. After all, that’s when they get most of their power. Some people get so tensed up over time that they burn out. When you get too fatigued or stressed, you lose concentration, then control. A person who doesn’t learn how to relax ends up wasting the precious time they could have saved.
You need to zone out every once in a while. We all naturally zone-out. Find a healthy discipline that sedates you. Usually, I’ll take some time to cook a great meal or take a walk in my neighborhood. Other times, I’ll put on some jazz music and have a friendly conversation with a loved one. Even in the midst of a serious deadline, these relaxing adventures will help you abscond from the worries in life. Worrying is the greatest waste of imagination.

8. Affirming.

Every day, we get a moment to talk to ourselves. The average human being speaks to themselves at least 12,000 times per day. The difference between a successful person and an unsuccessful person is what they say to themselves. What you say to yourself can dramatically alter your life. Click this link to find out some of the greatest affirmations you can make.
The other day, I heard a person say, “Daniel, I wish I could be half of what you have been!” Wow!! Even though I felt elevated for a moment, I must admit that a person wanting to be ‘half of me’ would never be that much. Truthfully, I’m a successful person who’s been relentlessly reciting his affirmations on a couple note-cards every night for several years.

9. Mastering your craft.

Every day, you must be working on your craft. Each of us has been innately gifted with a talent(s) that must be exercised on a daily basis. If you don’t use it, you lose it. Mastery takes years to cultivate, but if you’re willing to be the best at what you do, there won’t be much competition.
As I sat up bleary-eyed, I was determined to finish writing this article. Even though I tackled major challenges throughout my 20 hour day, I still pursue greatness at 4:32 am. On your way to mastery, you’ll forget about the following things: time, food, bathroom breaks, interruptions, pains, sexual urges, and even limitations.
“Every master was once a disaster.” –T. Harv Eker.

10. Masterminding.

Successful people have learned to organize the right relationships in their lives. This means that their closest people are nurturing them mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. Even if you see a ‘solo act’ like a musician, you must also account for those who are behind the scenes: make-up artist, manager, sound technicians, voice coach, etc.
However, your mastermind doesn’t form without effort. It takes time to carefully select the right people. More importantly, the right relationships will form naturally when you learn more about what you’re doing. Eventually, your hand-picked team will bring out the best in you and help you overcome the greatest challenges you’ve ever faced.
All of these habits require the utmost discipline. You must communicate your needs to others so that they can support you in your habits. When you seek constant improvement and refine your lifestyle by letting these habits your success, you will receive unlimited rewards in the process!

Commentaires